Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Decisions

Well I didn't end up doing Stormy this year. So my Stormy love affair is not over! Hard decision to make let me tell you. I found myself dreading each and every workout. Even when I got out the door I wasn't enjoying the run. Rain or shine. Good company or not. I didn't want to go into my first 50 miler with a negative attitude-especially Stormy. My first 50 miler is supposed to be an exciting challenge. One I'm stoked, and scared, to take on. At one point I thought "what the hell, I'll just do it." Then decided that if I got injured or dropped it would have an even more negative impact on me. So I decided not to do it. Jen Segger(coach) was very supportive and understood where I was at. She knows damn well I will do it next year, and that I need a break. I've trained hard for a year now (Coastal Challenge 2010), and for Stormy. Burnt myself out. So lesson learned for me personally: ONE major goal a year. Stormy 2011-can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good call mate - know your body and trust what its telling you. Run for fun this summer and come back ready to charge next year :)

    ReplyDelete