Thursday, January 22, 2015

Filling in the blanks

Since my last post, in 2011:

I have moved many places, tried many things, worked the same job.

First move:
Squamish to Victoria
Why? My sisters lived there. Its pretty. By the ocean. Warm. Friendly. A new start. I was done with Squamish, couldn't really fit in. Done with daycare. Time for a change. I ended up working in daycare. Working nights at Thriftys. It was exhausting and I was miserable. I slept on the floor of my sisters house. I was 35. Seriously? All my friends have houses, kids, husbands. I'm working two jobs and sleeping on the floor.  EXERCISE ENDEAVOR: Goodlife Fitness Marathon: 2012



Second move:
Saltspring Island
Why? Its pretty quirky little stunning Island. Plus I got a job there. In daycare. Small Island, everybody knows everybody and you have to have kids, be a fire dancer, drummer, artist, provider of food to fit in. It was absolutly gorgeous though. Living off food stands, buying directly from the farm, hanging by the ocean, washing my hair with baking soda, fireplaces, ducks, compostable toilets.  Not enough work. Where was I going? I took a Emergency Medical Responder course and loved it. Applied to the paramedic program at the Justice Institute. I got in. In Chilliwack. The place you drive through because it smells like poo. EXERCISE ENDEAVOR: Kusam Klimb: 2014



Third move:
Chilliwack
Why? Attend the paramedic program. Hardest thing I've ever done. Well almost done. I failed out right at the end. Multiple choice questions-grrrrrrrrrr. So now I'm working very part-time, at you guessed it, daycare. Waiting to finish up the last month of the paramedic program. Getting further and further in debt. Freaking the eff out. not even sure if I want to be a paramedic. Head, wall, banging.
EXERCISE ENDEAVOR: Nothing, I got fat. Not posting a fat picture till I'm fit.

As of two weeks ago I started training for a half marathon, and started my first Beach Body program. p90. So far its a fabulous combination. I'm stiff as hell from p90, but loosening up with 20-30minute runs! Things can only get better right?

No comments:

Post a Comment