Sunday, January 24, 2010

Self Torture is Pricey

I have to wonder why I have paid so much money to be repeatedly tortured. Not only has Jenn Segger tortured me on a daily basis for 7 months, but along with that comes the price of having someone poke needles deep into my muscles, and wiggle this needle around awhile! Then there is the membership for the claustrophobic heat chamber. On the contrary I regularly sit in an ice bath for 10-15minutes after spending hours running in the cold wet rain. Where does this lead me? Well I paid thousands to have the "opportunity" to run in the hot jungles of Costa Rica. Paid thousands to experience running through rivers amongst poisonous snakes. Yes, and how do I pay for these forms of torture? I collected smelly mouldy empties, sold my beautiful 42" flat screen, sold my dressers, clothes, sold coffee/muffins at work, and spent Saturday nights babysitting instead of going out and meeting the man of my dreams! VISA is also a major sponsor. Crazy thing? I enjoy it, and can't wait for these 6 days.
Time to go back into therapy?

2 comments:

  1. Is it wrong I keep staring at the pile of money in the photo? Man oh man. But no, I don't think you need therapy...the stuff you will see and experience will make it all worth it. You'll see one spectacular sunset and it will all make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the dark side Honey!Gab

    ReplyDelete