Monday, March 28, 2011

Road Running Rule#1. Don't finger a red neck.

Today was a planned 3hr road run in preparation for the May 1st Vancouver Marathon. I was actually looking forward to the tedious out and back workout. No cougars, no snow, can start at an early hour, and no hills! I also forgot how much distance you can cover in 3hrs! (27k in my case) I live in downtown Squamish and ran out to the Paradise Valley. That's regarded as a far drive let alone run. I kept waiting for the watch to hit 1:30 so I could run home! But no, just kept running farther and farther from it. Not sure I actually knew everyone who honked and waved, but I smiled and waved back. I fingered one guy. He drove so close to me even though both lanes were free. Not surprising the truck was missing its muffler and the driver was smoking. I know he's just jealous that I'm all athletic, fit, and healthy(kidding, but kinda not) but that gives him no reason to scare me off the road. So I fingered him. Not really the smartest move for a Blondie on her lonesome, early in the morning on a less than busy road. I waiting for the sound of screeching breaks...but he didn't come back for my head, so I live to tell the tale. So in the end I didn't see any cougars, just a hungover bitter redneck. *judgemental pants coming off*

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes - they should not call it Paradise Valley - but Hillbilly Valley. No I take that back - some very nice people live out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats funny, but so true drivers out there like to come up fast behind road bikes too and lay on the horn and scare the @#$# out of ya! Good for you running the tour de Squamish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I do run agaist traffic! He just came towards me as close as he possibly could! This is why I'm scared to road bike!

    ReplyDelete