Thursday, August 11, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

Everyone knows what a firm believer I am in signs. That's how I ended up running across Costa Rica for 6 days, to many signs led me in that direction. A few months ago I had two friends post the Warrior Dash link on my facebook wall stating that I should do it. Then I was at a trail race and someone handed me a Warrior Dash race flier. Well that's three signs....so I signed up. Tammy said if I did she would, and she did. That Saturday morning I woke up not so excited for today. Had no idea what to expect. I put a little baileys in my extra strong coffee, and decided I should dress up! Most people do dress up for this race. I got my pirate kit on, met Tammy and Jose who put together costumes last minute as well.

WHAT A DAY! It was like Pemberton Fest meets Halloween! 4,500 racers, wave starts of 500 leaving every half hour. Good looking dressed up people everywhere. Very happy we picked the first race wave as we never knew what was next. The Warrior website hinted about certain obstacles been in the race, but they weren't. Surprise! Race started up Blackcomb Mtn. Big climb. Then we proceeded to hurdle walls, crawl under barb wire-REPEAT. Ran down grassy mountain as snow blowers sprayed ice cold water on us. Then crawled through a pitch black tunnel over rocks. Slid down a giant slip n' slide. Laughing all the way-ha ha ha ha. Then horizontal cargo net climb thing, cargo net climb(which was high), balance beams, fire jumping, and the forced mud crawl. Forced as you had to crawl under barbwire, through the mud towards the finish. 37min was my time, 5ish km was the distance. For 50$ we got a t-shirt, finishers medal, furry hat with horns, and a beer. Plus a concert, the atmosphere and a crazy fun obstacle course! Pictures were priceless, we were covered in mud, drinking beer, eating turkey legs, wearing furry horn hats! Hilarious. Costumes were fantastic, mood was amazing! Worst part was the ice cold fire hose spray down to get clean. Torture! In the end I can't wait to do this again next year!




















2 comments:

  1. WOW,......Exciting..Real time fun and real time excitement. Amazing tour it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a real fun .if we are enjoying with our friends means its a memorable day. I appreciate your blog!!!
    Website Hosting india

    ReplyDelete