Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mother Trucker!

Today was my 4hr run. I have ran 4hrs once in my lifetime during Stormy 2008. Today was different. I had a watch to compulsively check, and I had to pick my own 4hr route. The first hour was a watch checker, second hour I zoned out, third hour was spent re-thinking route and life in general, fourth hour was the "I will stop moving one day "countdown. I saw two human beings in four hours-really? Where is everyone in this supposedly active community? The clock hit 4 hours, and I was about 8 min from my truck at Brennan Park. That's Ok I thought, really whats another 8 minutes? So I keep moving, slowly. I round the corner at Brennan Park, heading into parking lot, pace near dead slow, dreaming of my recovery drink, and my orange I have ready to consume. Looking for my truck...looking...looking. Hmmmm?
Oh Mother of Pearl and other things not nice! I parked at Brennan LAST week, NOT this week!!!!! I now remember that my truck is at the smoke bluff parking lot. A mere 2km down the road, but at this point that 2km is the Boston Marathon. So I drag my you know what down the painfully flat, straight road to my truck. Man that orange, and my drink tasted so much better for it!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe next time have a note attached to watch mentioning where you left you truck. just a thought

    ReplyDelete