Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hurdles

Well It's been a rough couple of weeks. I have a new hamstring injury that flared up shortly after the Victoria marathon. Its been hurting to run past 45 minutes. So Jen's had me on the elliptical machine, biking, and yoga. Shes also told me to take the next two weeks off of running to get this injury healed completely. So I'll be attempting water running instead! Should be interesting. Hard not to feel totally down when an injury prevents you from doing something you love. Also hard not to feel stressed about a 6 day running race, when one can't run currently. Going from running for 4 hours to barely making it through 45 minutes is a mental obstacle to hurdle! Jen got me re-energized and pumped the other day when talking about her experiences, and how amazing this challenge I'm about to take on will be. I'm still working towards the 6 day race, but also know the 3 day race may be an option. So lets see how the running goes in 2 weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment