Sunday, November 29, 2009

What I miss

I have really missed running. I have missed the obvious: fresh air, rain, the sound of gravel crunching under my shoes, and of course how I feel afterwards. Today I realized what else I missed. I missed my routine. I missed my pre-run oatmeal, filling my hydration pack, packing my truck with all before and after run essentials. I missed the feeling of fear as I wondered " Whats that noise", and "Hey, why are there two guys randomly walking out of the forest in the middle of nowhere?". I missed my recovery drink, my watch, I even missed power gels. I missed being with my thoughts for hours.
But what I especially miss is walking into Starbucks, dripping wet and covered in mud. Squelch, squelching into line behind a "I'm headed to Whistler princess". Then bumping into Mr. Dirt Bag that broke my heart, and saying "Afternoon-you just rolling out of bed are you?" Knowing what I have already accomplished by noon is priceless!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new treads!! Sa-weet! Once again, an exellent post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post. Ive been off for a few weeks and can relate with all but 'Mr Dirt bag'.. :)

    ReplyDelete