Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stage 3

Stage 3
33 km
Cumulative Ascent: 1550m
Time: 7hrs, 40 min.

Alarm goes off at 4:30 am. I feel like I should be spending the day in the ICU, not running all day-again. It hurts to move. The wind hurts. I can barely get through the early morning motions. Why did I even push to make that cut off? Now I'm stuck with all the good runners, doing all the long runs! LOL. Judes doing awesome. Jen has been moved to the Adventure category. Shes bumbed about that-but still positive. Every runner is going through their battles. I know its not just me. That helps. Today I pretty much walk the entire 33km in 7 hrs 40 min. Lose alot of time today. Uggggg... saw plenty of rainbows, and too many cows. I'm beat when I finish. Feet are up ASAP. I decide to get a massage today. Dudes telling me to relax, and I try my hardest. My heads down, my eyes are closed. Massage dude disappears. I finally look up and it turns out dude saw a type of coral snake under the table, he grabbed a shovel, whacked it, and ran it outside! Ok, so back to relaxing... The race staff gave out some funny awards tonight and Jen got an award for falling the most! 20 times in one day. Nice work lady, just means you were trying hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment